Here is the beginnings of the project:
Here is a good look at the fabric and the design on it:
Here's a Look at the pockets and what I did--I added a row of old daisy's to each pocket on top of the black bias binding I made:
Here on the shoulder strap I added 3 daisy's for trim:
So are you ready to see the full view????????????
Well, It's the back view--anyway--that's important too--isn't it????? OK--Here is the front!!
And here it is hanging in my kitchen:
As you can see
--I already have 2 old aprons hanging on the pegs behind it--one on the right has a design done in what is called the "chicken" scratch and the one on the left is one done in cross stitch design of a rooster.
So this was my main job today--did do alittle applique earlier in morning and did some embroidery work late this afternoon.
For those of you who may be new to this post--the "Tie one on" challenge is from the Angry Chicken blog site and this times challenge was to use what we had and not to buy ANYTHING new to do it--I found an old-old pattern of my Mom's, some of her vintage fabric and the daisy trim is old--the only newer item was the black fabric for the bias trim--but I even had that in my stash--so everything I used was from my stash--I really enjoyed this project--My Mom got this pattern through the mail when postage was only 1 cent-so it is over 60 years old!!!!!
Have a good day tomorrow--stitch--stitch--stitch---Just Di