Wednesday, October 4, 2017

ANGRY RIVER--


 I did go for a short walk this morning--
when I thought the sun was shinning,
but by the time I grabbed the camera and got to the back door--
it was under a cloud again!!
but look--
I did get some really nice close up's of my little wood pecker-

he was finding his lunch in that branch by the looks of things--
and then a bit further I found a squirrel to talk to--
he was climbing  up this lattice--
and when I talked to him--
he--
turned around--I think he thought I had some peanuts on me--
but I was in a hurry 'not' to miss the sun--which I did anyways!!!

We got more rain today--
but nothing heavy--just lots of short showers--
and--
all this water--
and we don't have any right now--been shut off for about 2 hours so far--
there is a water break right now the street--
Irma was really not good to us around here!!!!!
and then all this additional rain--!!!!

My poor river looks and acts angry--
and it has been like this for about 3-4 days so far--
I said it is 'angry' cause of all the sewage that the town right across from here dumped into it during Irma--they said they had to do it (millions of gallons) or it would back up into peoples homes--
and now for days the wind has been strong and causing high waves coming from the ocean--east of us and so now all that 'stuff' is probably on your shore now--Boooo!!!

We have not even had any ducks or wild life on our pond--
for the last 3 days or so--current even here is bad!!!

OK--sun where are you???
This is Florida--remember!!!!
Enjoy the moments, di

2 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying the breeze here in Tampa. Been a relief from our brutal summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute little guys! Thanks for sharing these photos.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete