Monday, February 12, 2018

DOWN ON THE DOCK--

Over the week end I noticed that something was missing--
the wood sign that told us to stay out was gone---
but did not make it down to have a look around until this afternoon--
good sized sand bar a ways out from the shore  line--
the beach area's are still there--
I wasn't sure what I would find as the river has looked 'rough' for weeks now--
the water is a really bad color right now--muddy I guess you would say-yet we have
had no rain to make it look muddy--
someone said we are having 'red tide'--
not sure what that is or what causes it--
all I know that for 2-3 weeks now the 'air' here has been really bad--
not really 'smelly' like fish--
it is more of a chemical smell--
and my 'body' has decided it doesn't like it--oh well!!
I did see foot prints of what I am betting is still some raccoons in the sand--
and then  I spotted this--
leaf impressions--I guess--I thought these were really neat--
and as I walked back up the ramp to leave--
I seen this---
look really close--on the left hand side of the ramp--
I do not believe this was a actual snake--
as it had to 'wiggle' it's way across the ramp--then it slide off the ramp unto the dirt/grass area--
it was kinda of interesting to watch it doing that movement!!!!

Enjoy, di

1 comment: