Tuesday, October 24, 2017

BACK TO THE ZOO--

It was another just $5 day at the Zoo--
so even though it rained hard during the night--
the day cleared off ---sooo
off we went--
and we got to see some 'old' animals I have seen before
and some 'new' to me ones--
Of course we had to go see the Giraffe's --
they have 9 I believe now--I seen 3 while there today--
this one was looking for some snacks-
and when we came back by--
there was people feeding him!!
and I love Zebra's--
some new to me critters were--

the Storks--this one was cute standing on the this small rock--
I don't remember these from before--
love those gold top-notch's--
and then we seen these 'guys'-
they are my 'new' favorites--
but I forgot to get the name of them???
and then we went into a new loop to me--and seen--
all kinds of birds--
Kangaroo's--they had 4 or more of them--
and they had a great sand sculpture there--
that someone had put hours of work into--but the rain was tearing it down--
wished this had been kept under cover!!!
and a black swan--think I remember seeing him last year--
it did try to rain on us just before we left there--
There is one more Tues in Oct that I can go for the $5--
but Frannie can't go--it is Halloween day and she dress's up for the whole day--
and parades around--soooo--
I told her I wear my costume every day--so I am already dressed up!!!!!!

ENJOY THE MOMENTS, DI

2 comments:

  1. nuttin beats a morning at the zoo

    (except maybe a safari on the Serengeti)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a lot of cool animals. And some very interesting birds. I haven't been to a zoo for a long time - maybe it's time to go again. Thanks for sharing all your great photos!!

    ReplyDelete